Saturday, November 05, 2005

Jarhead and the Pissing Contest...

So I went to see Jarhead last night with some of my co-workers. I have to say I thought it was a very good movie. It had laughter and entertainment and gave you this sense of desperation for the characters involved. I'm not sure how much like the Gulf War experience it truly presents but I must admit that I felt it realistic overall. Then again Jake Gyllenhaal is so hot that it makes it even more riveting of a movie. I know Mr. Tucker is cringing now at what I'm typing but hey I thought it was at least a B+, maybe even an A- flick. Which reminds me, there were a lot of "pissing contests" going on in the movie and that makes me believe that I'm in one right now with a colleague of mine.

With the end of nursing school up and coming everyone is stressing out about x, y, and z. Major stressor right now is what job we're going to have following graduation. Some people have laid the foundation and the groundwork to walk out into a job right after graduation and begin working. Others have done NOTHING. No work experience in their chosen field and many others still have no clue what avenue of nursing they want to go into. Well, for those I'm sure they'll be an "acid" test and they'll get to the bottom of what it is exactly they're supposed to be doing. I'm done trying to help though b/c I feel like I'm in a pissing contest with one of my colleagues whom will remain nameless. This colleague, while I perceived him/her to be a "friendly" has turned out to be "opportunistic" and "trivial" like the rest of the lot. Don't take credit for my work if you didn't work "with" me and don't be spouting off lies because ultimately the truth will come out. Argh...for the meantime piss away because I'm out of the contest. I've got what I need and what I want and I'm done trying to impress anyone but myself.

No comments: